Saturday 8 June 2013

I’m building my body for Charly Boy –Diane Oputa

Diane OputaDiane Oputa, Charly Boy’s wife tells Ademola Olonilua about her life
 How would you describe your style?
My sense of style is a reflection of my daily life and for me, it isn’t limited. I dress for comfort while trying to remain sexy, trendy and classy.
What is your fashion weakness?
Like many women, I’m a shoe freak. My collection is large of course. Right now, there’s a craze for shoes made with the Ankara fabric. We teach people how to make and design them at Taakra Academy school of Art and Crafts.
Your husband, Charly Boy, has been showering you with affection in public recently. How did you bring that side of him out?
I think when your husband loves you and is determined to keep the relationship exciting and fresh, these qualities reflect sometimes openly.
Unlike other women, you took the bull by the horn and proposed to Charlie Boy. Why?
Why not? like you said, I took the bull by the horn.
 Have you ever regretted the decision?
No, I’ll do it again. A woman doesn’t want to waste her time in a relationship that isn’t going anywhere.
 How do you cope being married to an entertainer like your husband, knowing that he is quite spontaneous?
 Yes, my husband is spontaneous and does act sometimes on impulse, but always remains steadfast and focused. One has to know when to separate the entertainment world from their private lives or there could be a head on collision.
You have been married for over three decades. What do you do that keeps the passion burning?
 Funny question! Being spontaneous of course!
 You still look really sexy. How have you been able to maintain your sexy looks?
 When I look at my mother in-law at 91 years old, her skin still looks young. This is an inspiration for me and makes me realise that one needs to take care of one’s self. For me, diet and exercise are vital and now I’m training with an international fitness   trainer to body-build. It’s a very strenuous sport and takes dedication and hard work to achieve one’s goal. I also love going to the spa as a reward. This keeps me looking my best and CB happy. What more can one ask for?

Your daughter, Dominique, said she is the younger version of her father and is walking in his footsteps. Do you have a problem with that?
 Why would I? We encourage our children to be the best at whatever career they choose, to be caring, and God fearing.
 What is your latest project?
 Using my God-given talent and sharing knowledge remains important to me.
The relocation of Taakra Art and Craft Academy, where strategic programs that focus on empowerment and wealth creation  has become a reality. Our aim this year is to train 200 less privileged women and widows in jewellery, hat, handbags and shoes,etc. Taakra Academy is also opened for classes to public.
 What don’t you like about your husband?
 My husband is a kind hearted and generous man who has touched many lives. From disabled students whom he has educated to university level to supporting widows through his foundation, it is his humility that one can admire and emulate. Although he has his family, he remains the Area Father to many.
 Do you both still go intimate after over 30 years of marriage?
 Am not working this body for nothing, you do the maths.
How often is it and is it as exciting as when you first met or is it more like a routine?
Intimacy for me is a spiritual thing of the heart, it’s not just the physical act. When combined, it remains a great high.

No comments: